Arnold at SIGGRAPH 2018
It's that time of year again! Join us in beautiful Vancouver for SIGGRAPH 2018. We look forward to meeting customers of all kinds, hearing about your Arnold projects, and sharing what the Arnold team has been up to.
Stay in the know and be sure to subscribe to email news from Autodesk so we can send you the latest updates and exclusive invites. You don't want to 'miss the boat'! Go to https://t.co/8u7uGUHMzt - Turn on the "Receive email communications" toggle + hit SAVE.
Here's where you can find us at SIGGRAPH 2018:
On the show floor, Booth # 601
Come by the Arnold pod at the Autodesk booth - #601 to speak with experts and get a live walkthrough of interactive Arnold workflows. Demos will be ongoing throughout the day:
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 9:30am to 5pm
- Thursday: 9:30am to 3pm
Special guest Chad Ashley (Greyscale Gorilla) joins us at Booth # 601 for some C4DtoA demos:
- Tuesday, August 14, 12:30pm to 2:30pm
- Wednesday, August 15, 9:30am to 11:30am
Design and Implementation of Modern Production Renderers (link)
Arnold founder Marcos Fajardo joins a panel with developers of five of the most significant production renderers for film. They’ll delve into technical detail about the design goals and implementations of their renderers and compare their respective designs.
- West Building, Ballroom C, Vancouver Convention Centre, Sunday, August 12, 3:45pm to 5:15pm
GPU Ray Tracing for Film and Design (link)
Lead Arnold GPU Engineer Adrien Herubel will take part in the NVIDIA-sponsored panel.
- NVIDIA Sponsored Room 220, Tuesday, August 14, 2:00pm to 5:30pm
At Partner booths
- Maya + Arnold demo: Tuesday and Wednesday from 2:30pm to 4:30pm
Amazon Web Services - Booth # 701
- Arnold demo: Tuesday from 3:30pm to 4:30pm
- Arnold demo: Wednesday from 10:30am to 11:30am
NVIDIA - Booth # 801
- Arnold demo with Adrien Herubel, Lead Arnold GPU Engineer: Wednesday from 11:30am to 11:55am
Monte Carlo Methods for Physically Based Volume Rendering (link)
Illiyan Georgiev contributes to this advanced survey of methods that utilize Monte Carlo integration to simulate light transport in scenes with participating media.
- West Building, Room 301-305, Vancouver Convention Centre, Wednesday, August 15, 9am to 12:15pm
Autodesk Vision Series
Take a look at the stellar lineup of studio-driven sessions hosted by Autodesk in the fifth annual Vision Series. No registration is required, but be sure to arrive early to grab a spot, and don't forget your SIGGRAPH badge. Two jam-packed days include presentations by Image Engine, The Mill, ILM, MPC, Atomic Fiction, WETA, and more. Plus, the team behind the 2018 VES Student Award and The Rookies Film of the Year Award -winning short Hybrids will be showcasing their work, rendered entirely in Arnold.
- Vision Series - Room 224, August 14 and August 15 (link)
Student portfolio reviews
We're proud sponsors of this year's The Rookies CG student awards, and this year we're welcoming students to the Autodesk booth for one-on-one portfolio reviews. Stop by to chat with The Rookies team and get feedback on your latest work.
- Booth # 601 - Tuesday and Wednesday, 3pm to 5pm
The SIGGIES is the unofficial and illegitimate love child of SIGGRAPH and The Rookies. Taking place Wednesday, August 15 at 6:30pm, it's a student-focused event which will host a range of activities including portfolio workshops, presentations, and an opportunity for young creators to connect with peers. Details here.
To schedule a meeting with Autodesk spokespeople during SIGGRAPH, please contact:
Autodesk Media & Entertainment PR