Announcing Arnold Subscription
8 May 2017
Solid Angle is pleased to announce Arnold Subscription. Users will now have the option of subscribing to Arnold annually for $600/year* ($50/month equivalent), or $65/monthly*. We are making this change in an effort to make the power of Arnold available to more artists everywhere. One of the ways of doing this is by providing users with the low-cost flexibility and scalability of subscription licensing.
What are the benefits of subscription?
- Hosted Network License. Ability to self-host your license and access Arnold from multiple computers over the internet or other non-local network.
- Lower up-front costs. Subscription reduces the need for large, up-front capital expenditures, making paying for your software needs more flexible and scalable.
- Scalability. Monthly subscription plans allow customers to scale production based on their actual project needs and makes it much more flexible when it comes to variable production loads such as crunch time before a deadline or lulls between productions.
- Access to the latest software as well as to any updates so that you are always current with the latest Arnold technology.
- Global Travel Rights allow you to take Arnold subscriptions outside of the country they reside in when travelling.
- Access to prior versions (up to three versions back) where available. Subscription provides customers with basic support access.
In an effort to ensure our customers have plenty of time to prepare for the transition to subscription pricing, Arnold users will still have the option of purchasing floating perpetual licenses (USD $995) through April 30, 2018.
Will Arnold subscriptions continue to work with third party 3D applications?
Yes, Solid Angle and Autodesk are committed to making Arnold the go-to-renderer for the industry irrespective of the 3D software customers use. Our goal is to continue to support a broad range of popular 3D applications. Solid Angle will continue to develop and update our various plug-ins required to use Arnold with Houdini, Cinema4D, and Katana.
For questions and all the details on Arnold subscription, please see our Arnold Subscription FAQ.
*Pricing at time of publication