Arnold for Houdini (or HtoA) provides a tight bridge to the Arnold renderer from within the standard Houdini interface. It enables smooth lighting workflows between Houdini and other DCC applications, since setups can be exported and shared.
- All Arnold cameras (perspective, orthographic, spherical, fisheye) with depth of field and advanced shutter controls.
- All Arnold lights (point, distant, spot, quad, disk, cylinder, skydome, mesh) with light filters and accurate viewport representation.
- Custom Arnold shading network context with a comprehensive list of 106 shaders and utilities.
- Atmospheric and background effects.
- Volume rendering with support for OpenVDB and particles.
- Polymeshes, curves, points with support for displacement and bump mapping and subdivision.
- Procedurals, with sample Alembic and mandelbulb implementations.
- Accurate motion blur (transform, deform, velocity, acceleration), overridable per object.
- Geometry attributes translation as user data.
- Optional Arnold properties for objects and cameras.
- Render to AOVs, in single or separate files.
- Support all Houdini rendering contexts (render region, mplay, render viewer, render COP, batch), with support for AOVs and clickable buckets.
- Interactive rendering (IPR) allows parameter changes to be rapidly previewed without interrupting your work.
- Multi-camera renders.
- DeepEXR support.
The Arnold for Houdini plug-in is provided free-of-charge to customers that buy the Arnold core renderer. Click here for more information on pricing.
Arnold for Houdini is available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X and for various builds of Houdini. Go to the downloads page.
Requirements & Platforms
See the HtoA release notes for the system requirements and supported Houdini versions.