Launched at SIGGRAPH 2016 and now with Arnold 5.0, Arnold for 3ds Max (or MAXtoA) is bundled standard with 3ds Max 2018, providing a bridge to the Arnold renderer from within the standard 3ds Max interface.
- Integration with 3ds Max shapes, cameras, lights and shaders.
- Image Based Lighting support, including a state of the art physical sky.
- 3ds Max ActiveShade interactive rendering allows parameter changes to be rapidly previewed without interrupting your work.
- Support for AOVs & Deep EXR files.
- Defer the creation of geometry at render time with the Procedural placeholder nodes.
- Texturable Mesh lights.
- 3rd Party Arnold shader support.
- MAXtoA Cloud Rendering for stills and animations. Users can join the optional Autodesk ‘Render Pilot’ program, which now supports MAXtoA.
The Arnold for 3ds Max plug-in is provided free-of-charge with a license when rendering within an interactive 3ds Max session. If you want to use network rendering additional licenses of Arnold core renderer will be required. Click here for more information on pricing.
Whether you are new to Arnold or not, the Arnold for 3ds Max documentation should answer most of your questions.
Arnold for 3ds Max is available from the downloads page.
Requirements & Platforms
- Compatible with Max 2018
- Windows 7 and later
- CPU with at least SSE 4.1